L1 – L2 Visa Intercompany Transfer

The L1 visa applies to aliens who work for multinational companies doing business in both the United States and abroad. These workers come to the United States as intracompany transferees who are coming temporarily to perform services either in a managerial or executive capacity (L1A) or which entail specialized knowledge (L1B) for a parent, branch, subsidiary or affiliate of the same employer that employed the professional abroad. The employee must have been employed abroad for the foreign corporation, firm, or other legal entity (or an affiliate or subsidiary thereof) on a full-time basis for at least one continuous year out of the last three-year period to qualify. There is currently no annual cap on L1 visas.

L2 Visa / Family Members

Spouses and unmarried children under 21 years of age of L1 workers are entitled to L2 status with the same restrictions as the principal. Dependents may be students in the US while remaining in L2 status and may apply for work authorization with the USCIS.

Blanket L Visa Petition

Employers who regularly file L petitions may wish to consider filing for a blanket L petition in order to obtain continuing approval for itself (and some or all of its parents, branches, subsidiaries and affiliates in the US). This simplifies the process of approving and admitting additional individual L1A and L1B workers.

The blanket L petition must be filed by a US employer who will be the single representative between the USCIS and the qualifying organizations and must be filed with evidence.

Divorce Lawyer Hilton Head SC

Call the Matyushevsky Law Group, LLC today


Matyushevsky Law Group, LLC
117 William Hilton Parkway, Unit K
Hilton Head Island,SC 29926
(843) 689-2700