E1 Visa Treaty Trader

Treaty traders and their employees may apply for visas to carry on substantial trade between the United States and their home country, if their country of citizenship has the required treaty with the United States.

The E1 treaty trader classification is authorized for a national of a country with which the United States has a commercial treaty, who is coming to the US solely to engage in trade of a substantial nature principally between the United States and the alien’s country of nationality. The trade involved must be international exchange (successfully negotiated contracts binding on all parties) of items of trade between the US and a treaty country. Title to the trade item must pass from one treaty party to the other.

If the alien is inside the US, he or she may apply for a change of status, extension of stay, or change of employment. This classification does not require a petition for employment if the alien is outside of the US. If outside of the US, the alien applies for an E1 visa on his or her own behalf directly to a US consular office abroad.

E1 Dependents / Family Members

Spouses and unmarried children under 21 years of age, regardless of nationality, may receive derivative E visas in order to accompany the principal alien. Family members may be students in the US while remaining in E1 dependent status and spouses may apply for work authorization with the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

Time Limits

Holders of E visas may reside in the United States as long as they continue to maintain their status with the trade between their home country and the United States.

Divorce Lawyer Hilton Head SC

Call the Matyushevsky Law Group, LLC today


Matyushevsky Law Group, LLC
117 William Hilton Parkway, Unit K
Hilton Head Island,SC 29926
(843) 689-2700